In the spring of 2017, the Government of Ontario announced its Fair Housing Plan
Our experienced and friendly team works closely with you and handles all the complexities of purchasing a home so that you don’t need to.
To ensure a worry-free purchase, we provide a comprehensive set of services including:
- Reviewing the Purchase of Sale Agreement.
- Reviewing a Status Certificate (for condos) and reporting our findings to you.
- Conducting a full title search and execution (lien) search.
- We will examine title to each adjoining property to ensure (i) that there have been no breaches of the severance provisions of the Planning Act and (ii) no overlapping legal descriptions.
- Sending a letter to the Seller’s lawyer identifying any title issues.
- Obtaining a Tax Certificate from the municipality.
- In certain cases, obtaining a Building & Zoning Search (for open building permits and work orders) and Water Certificate.
- Preparing final closing and mortgage documents.
- Meeting with you to explain and sign your closing documents.
- Arrange title insurance to protect you and your mortgage lender.
- Reviewing the Transfer (Deed) and the Statement of Adjustment to assess whether you or the seller are owed sums for taxes and common expenses (condos).
- Preparing mortgage documents based on instructions from your mortgage or line of credit lender.
- Registering your Transfer (Deed) and mortgage(s) (also applies to secured lines of credit).
- Calculating outstanding figures on any mortgage or liens and arrange for these to be paid upon closing.
- Ensuring that any back taxes and liens are paid by the Seller at closing.
- Alerting the municipality of change of ownership.
- Providing you with a final report letter.
To ensure a smooth closing, we ask that you provide us with some information. Please download the following PDF for a checklist of the required information.