Refinancing your home is a cost-effective way to access capital, allowing you to benefit from lower interest rates or free us funds for renovations or your children’s education.
Understanding the rules to properly refinance and knowing whether that is the best option needs considered before making any decisions. This knowledge can be particularly important when considering a reverse mortgage or a special low-rate mortgage.
Our experienced and knowledgeable lawyers will help you smoothly navigate through your refinancing and help you get the best results to suit your needs.
- Prepare the required mortgage and related documents.
- Obtain a sub-search of the title.
- Review payout balances outstanding on your existing mortgage, or line of credit, and arrange for these to be paid upon receiving the refinance proceeds.
- Meet with you to obtain signatures on closing documents.
- Deposit the proceeds from the refinancing directly into your bank account (for any of the major Canadian banks).
- Provide you with a copy of the final report.
To ensure an efficient refinancing, please provide us with:
- The contact information for your mortgage or line of credit lender or broker.
- The bank and loan number for each mortgage or line of credit registered against the property.
- A copy of your most recent property tax bill
We also recommend that you speak with your mortgage lender to be aware of any pre-payment charges or penalties that may apply to refinancing your existing mortgage.